More and more LA area homeowners are realizing the advantages of artificial turf. Artificial turfs have evolved a great deal since their introduction in the 1960s. Today’s artificial turfs mimic the look and feel of real grass and are safe for children and pets.
Artificial turfs consist of a layer of artificial grass fibers stitched to a backing material. The grass blades are made of nylon, polyethylene, and other synthetic materials which are pigmented to give them a realistic color. Originally installed in sports arenas, artificial turfs are increasingly being used for residential and commercial landscaping applications.
Advantages of Artificial Turf
Artificial turfs provide property owners with a practical alternative to real grass landscaping. Some of the advantages of artificial turf installation in Los Angeles include:
- Artificial turfs are affected by the weather and remain beautiful all year long.
- Lower maintenance costs – no mowing, edging, fertilizing, weeding, etc. needed! Natural rainfall help keeps the turf dust free, although you may need to rinse it during the dry months. Stains can be removed using household cleaning solutions. A leaf blower can be used to remove leaves and other lawn debris.
- Artificial turfs don’t need to be watered. This is important in drought-prone areas like Los Angeles
- Non-toxic, safe for children and pets. Reduces the chances of tracking in dirt and mud from the outside.
- Ticks, fleas, and grass-eating pests can’t live in artificial turfs.
- Durable – artificial turfs have an expected lifespan of at least 15 years. Lifespan depends on the care and the amount of traffic they receive.
Is Artificial Turf Right for You?
You may be wondering if artificial turf is right for your landscaping needs. Artificial turf can be the right option if you’re experiencing any of these problems:
- Difficulties getting grass to grow
- Persistent brown or bare spots in your lawn
- Grass-related pest problems
- Shaded areas where grass can’t grow
- Mud, dirt, and grass is being tracked inside your home
- High water or landscape maintenance bills
- Water usage restrictions
In Los Angeles, Artificial Turf Installation is a Job Best Left to Professionals
Artificial turf should be installed so that it resembles a healthy, natural lawn. If you can tell it’s artificial, so can others. Nothing can impact the look and value of your property like improperly installed artificial turf. This is why you should always hire an experienced professional when it comes to artificial turf installation.
Professional Artificial Turf Installation in Los Angeles
Only an experienced landscaping company can install artificial turf in a way that requires little maintenance, enhances to curb appearance of your property, and looks green and vibrant no matter how hot, cold, wet, or dry the weather is. In Los Angeles, this landscaping company is Gutierrez & Sons Landscaping. We’ve been providing outstanding artificial sod installation and other landscaping services to Los Angeles home and business owners for over 25 years.
Ready to transform your property with an artificial turf lawn? Contact us through our website or call us at (310) 324-6593 for a free quote, and to find out if your property is right for artificial turf. Let us help you create a landscape strategy specifically designed uniquely for your property.