Tree services come with inherent risks. Climbing trees, operating heavy machinery, and using specialized tools in crowded cities can be very dangerous without the right training and experience.
The only way to ensure your safety and the quality of your services is by choosing certified tree care. Regulation, licensure, and certification are essential to protect yourself and your property. At Gutierrez & Sons, we take safety very seriously, and we’re proud to be a 100% injury-free business. Learn the ins and outs of why certified tree removal and landscaping services are so important.
Certified Tree Services Help Ensure Safety
When your tree services and landscaping are overseen by a government body, you can have peace of mind knowing your services are safe and regulated. In the United States, both federal and state governments have strict safety requirements that must be adhered to in order to operate legally. If you don’t choose certified tree care, you are not only risking your and your property’s safety, but you also might be breaking the law.
According to OSHA, every business operating in the tree care industry in the United States must comply with general industry standards. These safety regulations are extensive, and include, but are not limited to:
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
- Fall protection systems
- Training requirements
- Electrical training and usage requirements
- Toxic and hazardous substances training and usage requirements
- Medical and first aid requirements
- Equipment and machinery training requirements
In addition to these important federal safety regulations, each state and city have their own certified tree care regulations and requirements. Los Angeles is no exception, and cities especially have very particular rules when it comes to certified tree removal on public and/or private property.
How The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) Protects California Consumers
In the state of California, where Gutierrez & Sons operates, the Contractors State License Board (CSLB) is the governing body for tree service contractors. The CSLB’s purpose is to protect consumers by regulating and monitoring any contracting services offered to the consumer public.
If a company charges $500 or more for services, they fall under CSLB regulation. Essentially any contractor you hire for construction, landscaping, or certified tree removal will have to be licensed with the CSLB in order to operate legally. Getting caught operating without a license can result in serious fines or even jail time.
To gain licensure, staff must show experience, safety training, and meet other rigorous standards. Generally, workers must have a journeyman qualification of at least 4 years experience, a two-part state examination, and significant training in order to receive licensure. A CSLB certified tree care license shows that your company is trustworthy and experienced.
The list of certified tree service contractors is public information in the state of California for consumer protection. You can search by license number or name to find your contractors here.
Check Our Safety Checklist
Gutierrez & Sons has a high standard of safety and quality that can be verified using our 4-part safety information checklist. We encourage you to read the full page, but here is a brief summary of what you should look for.
- Check the Credentials. Your contractor’s licensure should be verifiably certified, and it’s always good to double-check their claims. Check for CSLB certification, certificates of liability, and proof of workman’s comp.
- Track Record of Reliability & Safety. Look at the certified tree service company’s reviews and history. If they’re a 100% injury-free workplace, they should be able to prove it.
- Proper Industry Equipment for Best Practices. A craftsman is only as good as their tools. If the equipment a contractor uses is in poor shape or outdated, chances are, it’s not going to perform as well or as safely as it could.
- Professional, Transparent & Honest Customer Service. Always look for transparency when it comes to listing credentials, certification, and other factors like pricing. Look for an honest and transparent contractor.
Contact Certified Tree Gutierrez & Sons
Gutierrez & Sons has an impressive track record as a 100% injury-free, bonded, insured, and certified tree care workplace. Our commitment to safety and quality is evident in every facet of our business, including our certified tree removal. If you’re interested in our tree or landscaping services, we can help get you a free quote. Contact us today.